Is SolarWinds Premier Support worth it?

I have been hearing a lot about this SW Premier Support and I hear some good and bad news. Also, I am getting lots of noise from reddit of how bad their experience with the current Support Offering.

In any case, is this really a good idea to get Premier Support without fixing their current Technical Support situation.

It would be a great help if you could help me get some insight about this. Ciao!

Parents
  • While I think it would be sweet to have the Premier Support, the costs can work out to be equivalent to hiring your own full-time or half-time employee while being limited to having them work solely on being available if you ever have Solarwinds questions.  If you have a very large amount of customers paying you for your Solarwinds monitoring, and if your employees have other demands on their times that prevent them from servicing those customers' needs, then the Premier Support could make great sense for your work flow and financial ROI.  If Premier Support allowed you to spend a lot less time doing Solarwinds troubleshooting and decrease your learning curve significantly, it might be the right product for you.

In my organization we're continually looking to improve efficiencies while simultaneously reducing costs.  It means less training, fewer support contracts, more time spent researching issues (and products) on our own.  This has its own added cost overhead. 

Hopefully SW products will continue to be easier to upgrade and simpler to understand and more intuitive to deploy correctly.  If that becomes the case, and given our trend towards reducing cash outflow for support, Premier Support isn't on the table for my company.

• While I think it would be sweet to have the Premier Support, the costs can work out to be equivalent to hiring your own full-time or half-time employee while being limited to having them work solely on being available if you ever have Solarwinds questions.  If you have a very large amount of customers paying you for your Solarwinds monitoring, and if your employees have other demands on their times that prevent them from servicing those customers' needs, then the Premier Support could make great sense for your work flow and financial ROI.  If Premier Support allowed you to spend a lot less time doing Solarwinds troubleshooting and decrease your learning curve significantly, it might be the right product for you.

In my organization we're continually looking to improve efficiencies while simultaneously reducing costs.  It means less training, fewer support contracts, more time spent researching issues (and products) on our own.  This has its own added cost overhead. 

Hopefully SW products will continue to be easier to upgrade and simpler to understand and more intuitive to deploy correctly.  If that becomes the case, and given our trend towards reducing cash outflow for support, Premier Support isn't on the table for my company.

Children
No Data