This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom columnwidth of dashboards for each user

Hi,

I am new to Solarwinds so maybe there is already a solution for that.

When I create a dashboard I have to tell the width in pixels for each column.

I've noticed that when a user changes the column width he changes that for everyone.

My thoughts about that are that you can set a default width for each column but when a user change the width this will be saved in his browser cookies and not in the DB.

So the action is only visible for him.

Please correct me if there are already some solutions and share your thoughts.

emoticons_grin.png

Parents
  • Hi rsdom The Views are an individual resource and the users get associated with that View. If you're using AD Groups then any user logging in via that Group will be assigned the same shared view. Sadly there isn't much you can do about this. The only work-around would be to create a copy of the View in that users name, and give them either the direct URL to that View or add the View(s) to the Menu bar for them to navigate to. That way the Generic Home Dashboard is the same for all accounts new or old, and then they browse to there own unique one for specific customisation. This does, however, mean additional views to create and manage.

• Hi rsdom The Views are an individual resource and the users get associated with that View. If you're using AD Groups then any user logging in via that Group will be assigned the same shared view. Sadly there isn't much you can do about this. The only work-around would be to create a copy of the View in that users name, and give them either the direct URL to that View or add the View(s) to the Menu bar for them to navigate to. That way the Generic Home Dashboard is the same for all accounts new or old, and then they browse to there own unique one for specific customisation. This does, however, mean additional views to create and manage.

Children
No Data