This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

I am deplaying IPAM with over 10k subnets, I need help with creating an import file, I have groups and sub-groups that I need to create as well, please advise

I am deplaying IPAM with over 10k subnets, I need help with creating an import file, I have groups and sub-groups that I need to create as well, please advise

Parents
  • Hi ... my approach to this would be to get a template file initially.

So head over to "Manage Subnets & IP Addresses" menu and when you get there create a dummy group, subgroup, and entries. Configure these as you'd like the end result to be and then select the parent group in the left hand column and click on > export > export all. Follow the prompts through and download as either a csv or xls.

Then use these as a base [template] for your subsequent imports.

Bottom line, you need to create a 'sturcture.xls' file which contains the subgroup names and the names of the subnets, and then you need an individual import s/s for each of the subnets. You will need to pay specific attention to the 'ParentID' column in your structure file. Root level groups are 0, subgroup level one are 1 and then it starts to get messy. So here's what I would do. Create your barebones structure of group, subgroup, sub-subgroup, etc and then create each subnet name as a placeholder (you may need to enter some barebones details). Then go to your root, export, edit and re-import

• Hi Stuart will you be able to take me through the process? We could setup a zoom session> let me know. thank you

• Unfortunately I haven't the time in my day job to assist, and outside of work I'm a busy foster dad to a set of 2yr old twins and a 9yr old - so literally get no spare time.

But if you follow my advice in the last two sentences then that will get you where you need to be. 

• thanks Stuart, thanks for the advice. Can you send me an example of the structure you talking about.

thanks a mill.

• As I said - if you create your group structure in IPAM and then export it - you get a structure.xls (or csv) which shows you, and TBH I wouldn't want to try and create my own. It also includes a subnets folder in the zip export. So if you've also created the subnets, initially, all you need to do is populate and then import.

• cool thanks again, will try that and provide feedback

Reply Children
No Data