I am deplaying IPAM with over 10k subnets, I need help with creating an import file, I have groups and sub-groups that I need to create as well, please advise

I am deplaying IPAM with over 10k subnets, I need help with creating an import file, I have groups and sub-groups that I need to create as well, please advise

Parents
  • Hi ... my approach to this would be to get a template file initially.

So head over to "Manage Subnets & IP Addresses" menu and when you get there create a dummy group, subgroup, and entries. Configure these as you'd like the end result to be and then select the parent group in the left hand column and click on > export > export all. Follow the prompts through and download as either a csv or xls.

Then use these as a base [template] for your subsequent imports.

Bottom line, you need to create a 'sturcture.xls' file which contains the subgroup names and the names of the subnets, and then you need an individual import s/s for each of the subnets. You will need to pay specific attention to the 'ParentID' column in your structure file. Root level groups are 0, subgroup level one are 1 and then it starts to get messy. So here's what I would do. Create your barebones structure of group, subgroup, sub-subgroup, etc and then create each subnet name as a placeholder (you may need to enter some barebones details). Then go to your root, export, edit and re-import

• Hi Stuart will you be able to take me through the process? We could setup a zoom session> let me know. thank you

Reply Children