This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

dynamic query

Hello I'm new in this group.

I would like to create a Orion group based on dynamic query.

this group should contains all the nodes where a Windows service name "XXX" is running.

is it possible to do this?

I don't want base my query on manual property added to the node.

• Hi Domex,

Firstly you will need to ensure that you have the service(s) monitored, with a SAM Application, using a "Windows Service Monitor" for each service you require.
    Once you have this in place, you can then use the "Build Dynamic Query".

All Settings--> Manage Groups --> Add New Group. Giver it a name and description and on the next page you'll see "Add Dynamic Query".
    Set the object type to be component and the application name to match the app you built to monitor the service.

In the example below, we monitor the a Thycotic Secret server's Windows Service using an Application called XXXX Thycotic services.
    Use the preview button to show the servers were this is found.

Hopefully that will be enough to get you started Wink

Regards,

Yaquaholic
    (aka Rich) 

• Hello, thanks for your suggestion and sorry for my delay in reply.

the first part "ensure that you have the service(s) monitored, with a SAM Application, using a "Windows Service Monitor" for each service you require."
    is the most complicate for me, but more or less I got the server list.

now I have to fine tune the result because some devices is not in the dynamic query list.

• It sounds like you are making progress Relaxed
    If there is anything I can help with, please just ask.