This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

OIDs for VeloCloud

Has anyone ever done management of SD-WAN on VeloCloud? I have the main OID for the vendor, but I'm having trouble finding a complete listing. I'd like to pull stats in order to pull network stats separate from the vendor's numbers.

Parents
  • Hello my awesome Thwack community,

I am currently dealing with the same issue. The vendor has stated the following multiple times (starting to think I am getting on his nerves):

___________________________START RESPONSE________________________________________________

Here are the required SNMP MIBs.

Supported MIBs

• SNMP MIB-2 System
    • SNMP MIB-2 Interfaces
    • VELOCLOUD-EDGE-MIB
    • VELOCLOUD-MIB
    • HOST-RESOURCES-MIB, from RFC 1514

Here is the required info on how to obtain VELOCLOUD-EDGE-MIB, VELOCLOUD-MIB and the rest of the MIBs are industry standard MIBs and publicly available. 

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-SD-WAN-by-VeloCloud/3.4/VMware-SD-WAN-by-VeloCloud-Administration-Guide/GUID-E0F39C47-B3B0-49A0-A9E7-AA3F53538EA8.html?hWord=N4IghgNiBcIMoDkCyAFEBfIA

VELOCLOUD-EDGE-MIB and VELOCLOUD-MIB can be obtained from Remote Diagnostic screen (Test & Troubleshooting > Remote Diagnostics) and run MIB for SD-WAN Edge.

_________________________________END RESPONSE_____________________________________________________

Our MSP told us that this is the MIB information, not the needed OID. This is super confusing to me personally because I thought that MIBs and OID are analogous to FQDN's and IP Addresses - meaning one is the name side and the other is the numerical side of the same coin.

Let me know your thoughts fellow thwackers!

• Hello my awesome Thwack community,

I am currently dealing with the same issue. The vendor has stated the following multiple times (starting to think I am getting on his nerves):

___________________________START RESPONSE________________________________________________

Here are the required SNMP MIBs.

Supported MIBs

• SNMP MIB-2 System
    • SNMP MIB-2 Interfaces
    • VELOCLOUD-EDGE-MIB
    • VELOCLOUD-MIB
    • HOST-RESOURCES-MIB, from RFC 1514

Here is the required info on how to obtain VELOCLOUD-EDGE-MIB, VELOCLOUD-MIB and the rest of the MIBs are industry standard MIBs and publicly available. 

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-SD-WAN-by-VeloCloud/3.4/VMware-SD-WAN-by-VeloCloud-Administration-Guide/GUID-E0F39C47-B3B0-49A0-A9E7-AA3F53538EA8.html?hWord=N4IghgNiBcIMoDkCyAFEBfIA

VELOCLOUD-EDGE-MIB and VELOCLOUD-MIB can be obtained from Remote Diagnostic screen (Test & Troubleshooting > Remote Diagnostics) and run MIB for SD-WAN Edge.

_________________________________END RESPONSE_____________________________________________________

Our MSP told us that this is the MIB information, not the needed OID. This is super confusing to me personally because I thought that MIBs and OID are analogous to FQDN's and IP Addresses - meaning one is the name side and the other is the numerical side of the same coin.

Let me know your thoughts fellow thwackers!

Children
  • I've been looking for the same information - this is what i found so far...

As you noted, the information available for download from the VeloCloud Edge is the MIB information, not the OID information.

The OIDs are avaiable by performing an SnmpWalk against the device - there are various SnmpWalk programs but SolarWinds includes on on the server - it's located at 'C:\ProgramFiles (x86\Solarwinds\Orion\SnmpWalk.exe.'

This should produce a text file that included all the OIDs for that device.

I did try to take a peak at the latest MIBs.cfg that i downloaded from SW today, it does contain references to Velocloud, but isn't a plain text file and i wasn't able to determine how up to date that it might be...

Our VeloClouds are at v. 3.3.2, with a couple at v. 3.4.4 - I was originally thinking to maybe send in an updated set of OIDs (from the SnmpWalk.exe) but haven't yet.

When I look at the MIBs that are available from the Edge (your link above) i see these were last updated Aug 2019, so at this point I'm not sure what, if any, OIDs might be available from a newer version that what is available in the SW MIBs database today.

I guess what I'm thinking is that I was happy to see that the SW MIBs.cfg did include reference to Velocloud, so not sure what might be gained...