Paul Guido has worn several hats during his IT journey. But now he’s made the leap from deep–dive individual contributor to managing teams of the same kind of IT pros he was (and still is). There are lessons in that journey – not just for IT practitioners considering the next step of their career, but also managers who came to the job from a different (and non-technical) direction. We sit down with Paul to find out what insights and advice he has to help managers do a better job of leading their IT teams.
- Monitoring for Managers
- Security BSides (“Bsides”)
- BSides San Antonio
- The Cybersecurity Canon Project
- Paul Guido on Twitter
- Paul Guido on THWACK.com
- Book: “The Phoenix Project” by Kim, Behr, and Spafford
- Book: “Accidental Empires” by Robert X. Cringely
- Book: “Code girls” by Liza Mundy
The post From Monitoring Engineer to Leadership — SolarWinds TechPod 043appeared first on Orange Matter.