The SCP will be located in Australia in our Adelaide or Maroochydore offices (to be determined).
The role of the SCP mainly will be as a "Patching & Monitoring Specialist".
We are Lallemand inc. - with our Corporate Head Office based in Montreal, Canada.
See more infos about us via this web link below:
See the job desciption below:
The role of the Patching & Monitoring Specialist provides Lallemand with technical assistance pertaining to the performance, operation, and maintenance of Lallemand servers and services on a 24 hour basis by being responsible for monitoring, diagnosing and analyzing incoming alarms; following established protocols for troubleshooting issues, escalating unresolved issues and initiating service dispatch; In Addition, we require the candidate to provide Windows Operating Support for troubleshooting and reporting on Monthly and Zero Day Patch Vulnerabilities.
· SolarWinds Monitoring
o Designing, implementing, maintaining, and configuration of SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), Server and Application Monitor (SAM)
o Configuring SolarWinds Alerts and Notifications
· Monitoring SolarWinds Alerts and escalating to proper support teams
o Continuously automate and tune monitors to limit false alarms
o Able to install, configure and administer SolarWinds ORION components to include Network Performance Monitor (NPM) and Server and Application Monitor (SAM)
o Able to design and implement a highly available continuous monitoring platform to be utilized by a 24x7 operations desk
o Experience configuring monitors using SNMP, SSH, WinRM, WMI, JMX and other technologies.
o Experience configuring collection of syslog messages from a variety of devices and storing and forwarding as required by local policies
o Familiar with configuration and administration NetFlow Traffic Analyzer
o Experience monitoring a variety of end devices to include routers, switches, firewalls, Windows servers, Linux servers and UNIX servers
o Experience creating and managing custom views to provide a Common Operational Picture (COP)
o Experience developing interactive maps with Network Atlas
o Experience configuring custom reports upon request from local customers
o Knowledge of database requirements and configuration of SolarWinds ORION applications
o Able to share knowledge of monitoring best practices with system owners and system administrators to enhance overall monitoring and alerting posture
· Windows Operating System Patching / Remediation / Reporting
o 3-5 Years’ Experience with WSUS / SCCM Patch Management
o Troubleshooting Windows Server / Workstations Patch Failures
o Reporting on Completion and Remediation of Windows Servers / Workstation Patches
o Troubleshoot our Global Servers for missed or fail Windows Server Patches
o Assist our ServiceDesk team in troubleshooting Windows Workstation Failed Patches
· 3+ years of experience in design, implementation, administration, configuration and securing the SolarWinds suite of products
· 3+ Year’s knowledge of Windows Server 2008-2019, Windows 10
· Motivated self-starter with the ability to work on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks.
· Strong Communications skills to relate technical details to non-technical leaders.
· Self-starter with ability to work on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks.
· Ability to plan and execute system and software installations upgrades and changes across the organization
· This position supports an IT operations production environment. The successful candidate needs to expect to support work on nights and every other weekends and may be included in an on-call rotation for after-hours support.
· Experience in using PowerShell
· SolarWinds Certified Professional (SCP)
· Experience troubleshooting network issues.
· Other technical domain certifications (e.g., CCNA, MCSE, RHCSA)
· Experience with a Device Management Platform (SCCM, Intune)
· Knowledge of French, Spanish or Portuguese (An asset).
• Sense of initiative, resourcefulness, and autonomy.
• Great team spirit; team player.
• Work efficiently / Organized / Good time management.
• Strong technical aptitude and experience with a wide variety of technologies
• Ability to rapidly learn and if required evaluate a new tools or technology
• Demonstrated technical innovative leadership experience
• Must have a strong customer and quality focus
• Be able to work occasionally under pressure.
Please contact me via this forum or check the job description on our Lallemand Career web site.