Evaluation Includes SolarWinds Server Configuration Monitor and Log Analyzer for the First Time
HERNDON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced that the SolarWinds Orion Suite for Federal Government v4.0 is undergoing evaluation for Common Criteria to Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 2+ under the Netherlands Scheme for Certification in the Area of IT Security (NSCIB). The Common Criteria is an international set of guidelines and specifications designed to ensure information security products meet agreed-upon security standards for government deployments in 30 nations. Conformance is verified through laboratory evaluation and scheme certification.
“SolarWinds continues to invest in both the security of its IT products and new product development to better meet the needs of IT professionals in the public sector,” said Sandy Orlando, senior vice president of product, SolarWinds. “This year, two new products that are part of the Orion Suite, Server Configuration Monitor (SCM) and Log Analyzer, are undergoing Common Criteria evaluation for the first time.”
SolarWinds SCM is designed to detect, track, and compare system and application changes. SolarWinds Log Analyzer allows IT professionals to easily collect, consolidate, and manage logs. Both products are built on the SolarWinds Orion Platform, which provides a unified view and full visibility into the performance and availability of an IT environment.
The Orion Suite for federal government 4.0 includes:
- SolarWinds Orion Platform V2019.2
- Enterprise Operations Console (EOC) V2.2
- IP Address Manager (IPAM) V4.9
- Log Analyzer (LA) V2.1
- Network Configuration Manager (NCM) V8.0
- Network Performance Monitor (NPM) V12.5
- NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) V4.6
- Server & Application Monitor (SAM) V6.9.1
- Server Configuration Monitor (SCM) V1.2
- Storage Resource Monitor (SRM) V6.9
- User Device Tracker (UDT) V3.4
- Virtualization Manager (VMAN) V8.5
- VoIP & Network Quality Manager (VNQM) V4.6
- Web Performance Monitor (WPM) V3.0
The Orion Suite 4.0 leverages the Orion Platform, a modular and highly scalable platform unifying data from multiple IT layers into an application-centric view. The platform is designed to enable powerful, end-to-end hybrid IT management, and deliver multi-cloud visibility along with deep on-premises monitoring. It incorporates a simple drag-and-drop dashboard to visualize infrastructure and application relationships, helping IT professionals monitor, troubleshoot, and improve performance across hybrid environments. It also provides the flexibility to add modules as needs grow.
Underwriters Laboratories, LLC. (UL), has a Common Criteria Testing Laboratory (CCTL) accredited by the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) organization and recognized by the European Common Approval Scheme. UL’s CCTL evaluated SolarWinds software and determined it meets all the requirements of this security certification. UL’s CCTL, in conjunction with its certifying partner, the Netherlands Common Criteria Scheme, carried out the evaluation of the SolarWinds Orion Suite v4.0. UL is recognized globally for its extensive experience with Common Criteria and IT security evaluations, enabling companies to manage the process and ensure their products meet important certification requirements. Previous versions of SolarWinds Orion Suite and SolarWinds Log & Event Manager (now called Security Event Manager) have been certified under the Common Criteria; more details are available here.
SolarWinds Solutions for Government
- Pricing for SolarWinds software is available on the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule, CHESS ITES-SW, and other contract vehicles.
- U.S. government certifications and approvals include DoDIN APL, Army CoN and Navy DADMS. Technical Requirements include FIPS compatibility, DISA STIGs, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliance.
- SolarWinds also has hundreds of built-in automated compliance reports, which meet the requirements of major auditing authorities, including DISA STIG, FISMA, NIST, and more.
- SolarWinds THWACK online user community provides a number of out-of-the-box compliance report templates, available to download for free, designed to help users prepare for an inspection. THWACK also provides information on Smart Card and Common Access Card (CAC) product support.
SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI) is a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software. Our products give organizations worldwide — regardless of type, size, or complexity — the power to monitor and manage their IT services, infrastructures, and applications; whether on-premises, in the cloud, or via hybrid models. We continuously engage with technology professionals — IT service and operations professionals, DevOps professionals, and managed services providers (MSPs) — to understand the challenges they face in maintaining high-performing and highly available IT infrastructures and applications. The insights we gain from them, in places like our THWACK community, allow us to solve well-understood IT management challenges in the ways technology professionals want them solved. Our focus on the user and commitment to excellence in end-to-end hybrid IT management has established SolarWinds as a worldwide leader in solutions for network and IT service management, application performance, and managed services. Learn more today at www.solarwinds.com.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks of) their respective companies.
2019 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191212005269/en/
Questions for the federal team on Common Criteria? Please ask us here, or contact:
Lisa M. Sherwin Wulf
Senior Director of Marketing – Government and Education | SolarWinds