Today, SolarWinds announced our expanded database performance management portfolio. With the recent acquisition of SentryOne and launch of Database Insights for SQL Server alongside our award-winning Database Performance Analyzer (DPA) and Database Performance Monitor (DPM) solutions, we intend to become the leader in the database performance management market.
The addition of SentryOne products into the SolarWinds portfolio not only enhanced our already robust database performance portfolio with the SQL Sentry offering, but we also added DataOps solutions Task Factory and Database Mapper, which are designed to help drive the processes and structures to support data-focused organizations. These tools are key to improving the lives of data professionals.
- SQL Sentry – effectively monitor, diagnose, and optimize your SQL Server and Azure SQL database environment to get out of firefighting mode, so you can keep your databases running continuously at peak performance.
- Task Factory – 60+ pre-built SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) components to help developer teams building data-centric applications on the Microsoft data platform accelerate data extract, load, and processing (ELT/ETL) procedures.
- Database Mapper (formerly SentryOne Document) – automated documentation and data lineage analysis across the Microsoft Data Platform to maintain up-to-date records and ensure compliance with business rules and data privacy regulations by accurately tracking data origin and dependencies.
Our new offering, Database Insights for SQL Server, combines DPA’s database anomaly detection capabilities powered by machine learning with SQL Sentry’s detailed performance information. Database Insights for SQL Server helps pinpoint problems, speed time to resolution, and prevent them from reoccurring regardless of where they reside. Database Insights for SQL Server extends beyond SQL Server to provide the broadest database coverage available in the industry.
Why are we making these moves? Data and database growth are exponential. With this growth comes increasingly complex database environments. At one time, DBAs were focused on maintaining a single server, in a single data center, in a single location. Today, workloads are running on multiple database platforms and rapidly moving to the cloud.
Our recent study, The SolarWinds Query Report 2021: Database Priorities and Pitfalls, confirms how complicated life has become for data professionals. The report delves deep into the state of database management today, assesses the primary challenges facing database professionals today, and outlines how database professionals can best overcome them. For instance:
- One-third of respondents surveyed told us they manage more than 300 databases in their environment
- 7 in 10 respondents consider half or more of their organization’s databases to be critical to the success of the business
- The majority of respondent’s time is currently spent on database maintenance instead of upskilling in key areas like performance/query tuning, security management, and data engineering
We believe SolarWinds is the best partner to accelerate data delivery to the applications that run your business. If you’re ready to learn more about our solutions, we invite you to explore the database product forums, what we’re working on posts, or product webpages linked above.