The Patch Manager team is pleased to announce general availability of Patch Manager version 2.1. All customers under active maintenance can find the download in the SolarWinds Customer Portal, and anyone interested in Patch Manager can download from solarwinds.com.
We talked about what's new in detail back in the beta days (Patch Manager 2.1 Beta 1) , but let me quickly refresh your memory.
Automated Third Party Patches
We've added the ability to automatically publish and patch third party updates similar to the way WSUS/SCCM handle Windows updates. With this feature, you can automatically download, publish, and patch third party products from our 3PUP catalog (see: Table of third party patches - updated 4/8/2015 for the latest third party patches).
Important note: there are some providers that don't allow us to automatically download and publish their updates without a click-through EULA acceptance. For now, these providers (including Oracle and Adobe patches) won't be supported through this feature. Hopefully we'll find a good solution to this in the near future - we're working with the third party vendors directly to hopefully find some options.
Thanks to thwack feedback and discussions, we've pulled in a lot of common custom report requests and now have them included out of the box! These reports should make it easier to identify problem systems and report on updates.
- Custom Hardware Report
- Installed Programs and Features Basic
- Approved Updates Status Count by WSUS Server and Update Source
- Computer Update Status - Locally Published Updates
- Computer Update Status with Aggregate Counts of Install State for Approved Updates
- Computer Update Status Counts by Classification for Approved - Not Installed
- Computer Update Status - Approved Updates with ID and Revision
New Computer Group Scoping Options
A common request is to make it easier to find and manage computers across subnets, Active Directory OUs, or AD sites. We've added several new grouping options:
- IP subnet or range
- Active Directory Organizational Unit (OU)
- Active Directory Site
In addition to the standard bugfixes and improvements, we've also:
- Made it easier to gather logs for troubleshooting with the support team
- and, added support for Windows 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 as options when selecting computer properties
As always come over to the Patch Manager space here on thwack if you've got any questions. Happy patching!