One thing that’s always constant, is change. In this three-part webinar series, we've covered how important it is to have visibility into your IT environment's health and performance and how quick and accurate troubleshooting is critical to minimizing the impact on your customers and your business.
The next step in the monitoring lifecycle is the regular evaluation and reevaluation of your applications and infrastructure to accurately forecast and optimize your capacity planning. In order to make improvements, you need to understand historical performance, the current state of your IT environment, and plan for the future. You need to be able to anticipate changes in technology, workload and customer behavior. After you've optimized and planned, the cycle restarts.
In the last of our three-part series, we’ll take you through key processes to optimize your IT environment and plan for change including:
- Understanding your historical and current resource capacity
- Optimizing physical and virtual resources to right-size and maximize performance
- Capacity forecasting
- What-if resource modeling for future server and hardware additions
- Load balancing for resource utilization and better VM performance
- Mitigating unauthorized changes
- Validating that changes are properly implemented
- Monitoring for changes to previously optimized servers, applications, and databases
- Hardware and software inventory lifecycle management impacting your investment, capacity, licenses, warranty status, etc.