THWACK Monthly Mission - October 2023
In this terrifying world of technology, unseen threats lurk in the shadows, waiting to strike vulnerable targets. Just like how characters in those classic horror movies needed the right tools to protect themselves from masked villains, tech pros require robust IT security solutions to safeguard their data and privacy. This cyber-security awareness month, join our monthly mission to learn how SolarWinds’ IT security management tools serve as the virtual equivalent of a trusty ally, helping users fend off the relentless onslaught of cyber threats and ensuring they survive the digital horror show unscathed.
Use the mission’s resources to complete the tasks and answer the questions for a chance to win!
Answer each question correctly during the week and you'll be entered for a chance to win the weekly prize.
Answer all 20 questions correctly over the course of the month and you'll be entered for a chance to win the grand prize.
150 points are being awarded for each correctly answered question. There are 20 questions, which means you can earn a maximum of 3,000 points for this mission.
Weekly Prize Drawing Dates:
- Week 1: October 9, 2023: SanDisk Professional 2TB G-Drive ArmorATD
- Week 2: October 16, 2023: Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet
- Week 3: October 23, 2023: Fingerprint Smart Home Safe
- Week 4: October 30, 2023: Bose TV Sound Bar
- Grand Prize: October 30, 2023: Google Nest Camera with Floodlight
Something strange is lurking in your IT environment. Suspicious activity is rising, and it's time to take action.
Don't worry; you can prevent this ominous activity from causing any damage with the right solution.
Complete the mission shortcut between October 2, 2023, and October 29, 2023, to be entered to win a Apple AirTags (4 pk)!
- Navigate to the SolarWinds® Hybrid Cloud Observability online demo site and select the Try Advanced option.
NOTE: Use an incognito window or clear your cache/cookies if this link gives you any issues.
- Go to My Dashboards > Security > SEM Dashboard
- Click on the General Best Practice (IT Operations) widget
- Locate the "Login Failures by Source Machine" widget, take a screenshot, and tell us how many login failures SUPPER had.
A new question will open every day (Monday - Friday) starting on October 2, 2023. Once a question has opened, it will remain open until October 29, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CT.