THWACK Monthly Mission - November 2023
In this data-driven world, we’re off to the races in determining the best way to manage your workload and come out victorious (cue Les Toréadors). Rev your engines and fasten your seatbelts because we’re here to push your database knowledge into overdrive. Each day, we'll throw you into the pit lane of our database portfolio, challenging you to navigate the twists and turns of our database features and offerings. So gear up, hit the NOS, and prepare to take your database knowledge to speeds that can only be described as fast and furious!
Use the mission’s resources to complete the tasks and answer the questions for a chance to win!
Answer each question correctly during the week and you'll be entered for a chance to win the weekly prize.
Answer all 10 questions correctly over the course of the month and you'll be entered for a chance to win the grand prize.
150 points are being awarded for each correctly answered question. There are 10 questions, which means you can earn a maximum of 1,500 points for this mission.
Weekly Prize Drawing Dates:
- Week 1: November 13, 2023: LEGO McLaren
- Week 2: November 20, 2023: FitBit Versa 4
- Grand Prize: November 20, 2023: Logitech G920 Driving Bundle
Complete the mission shortcut between November 6, 2023, and November 19, 2023, to be entered to win an AirFly Bluetooth Transmitter!
- 1. Download the SolarWinds free tool Plan Explorer.
NOTE: Use an incognito window or clear your cache/cookies if this link gives you any issues.
- 2. Install Plan Explorer (directions here).
- 3. Using the left-hand navigation, start a new session. Then, open a SQL Server query plan.
- Create a query plan, or use our sample plan file here. If using the sample plan file, double-click the file to open it in Plan Explorer.
- 4. In Plan Explorer, right-click on the graph and change 'Costs By' to just 'CPU'.
- 5. Change 'Line Widths By' to 'Data Size (MB)'.
- 6. Submit a screenshot of both steps 4 and 5.
A new question will open every day (Monday - Friday) starting on November 6, 2023. Once a question has opened, it will remain open until November 19, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CT.