Journal Entry: Monday, March 6th, 2023
Today is the 1st day you’ve been stranded on Database Isle - no contact with the outside world (the last guy/gal manning this dang thing) and no clue where to begin in your survival trek. You’ve been thriving thus far with the knowledge that being a stellar IT pro has granted you. You’ve named a volleyball Wilson, and he’s the greatest friend in the entire world. The sun is bright, and thankfully, a cloud forms to give you some shade. You lift your hand to cover your sun-worn eyes to examine this, but it’s no cloud at all! It’s a survival kit coming to you from your friends on THWACK®, detailing everything you need to survive being an accidental DBA and maybe get you off this stranded island once and for all.
Use the mission’s resources to complete the tasks and answer the questions for a chance to win!
Answer each question correctly during the week and you'll be entered for a chance to win the weekly prize.
Answer all 20 questions correctly over the course of the month and you'll be entered for a chance to win the grand prize.
150 points are being awarded for each correctly answered question. There are 20 questions, which means you can earn a maximum of 3,000 points for this mission.
Weekly Prize Drawing Dates:
- Week 1: March 13, 2023: Solo Camping Stove
- Week 2: March 20, 2023: Hard Shell Laptop Backpack (Anti-Theft/Waterproof)
- Week 3: March 27, 2023: JUDY Emergency Preparedness Dry Pack
- Week 4: April 3, 2023: Inflatable 1-Person Kayak
- Grand Prize: April 3, 2023: Coleman 6-Person Tent
Complete the mission shortcut between March 6, 2023, and April 2, 2023, to be entered to win a Voyager Pro Hand Crank/Solar Emergency Power Bank and Radio!
- Install DBA xPress. Here are the instructions.
- Select any of the features from the Object Browser. The choice is yours; you can use the Data Inspector feature, Data Surf, Data Space Analyzer, etc. Information about each can be found here.
- Connect to a database in your environment.
- Submit a screenshot (feel free to block out any information you don't feel comfortable sharing).
A new question will open every day (Monday - Friday) starting on March 6, 2023. Once a question has opened, it will remain open until April 2, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
Mission Terms & Conditions: US, UK, and Canada | Germany
Mission Shortcut Terms & Conditions: US, UK, and Canada | Germany
Mar 28th question is worded a little weird:
"What commands can you use to understand why your Oracle query behaves the way it is?"
The "correct" answer has plan which is a keyword of what…
Yeah strange this one, the link took you to an article on Postgres SQL and not Oracle where it implied that the Explain Analyze was the option to use, so red X for me for today. If a hint is going to be…
For today's question, how can "Better Performance" be true while simultaneously "Faster SQL Joins" is false?
My understanding is that SQL Joins speed is directly linked to the performance…