THWACK Monthly Mission - June 2023
ITSM is so much more than a set of processes and procedures. Just as the Autobots in Transformers have a mission to protect humanity and maintain peace, IT service management aims to ensure the smooth operation and functionality of technology systems within an organization, not just within IT! Like our cartoon friends, ITSM is a great deal more than what meets the eye. Transform your knowledge of what ITSM can do in this month’s mission and defeat the Decepticons (tickets) with efficient service delivery. Make Optimus proud!
Use the mission’s resources to complete the tasks and answer the questions for a chance to win!
Answer each question correctly during the week and you'll be entered for a chance to win the weekly prize.
Answer all 20 questions correctly over the course of the month and you'll be entered for a chance to win the grand prize.
150 points are being awarded for each correctly answered question. There are 20 questions, which means you can earn a maximum of 3,000 points for this mission.
Weekly Prize Drawing Dates:
- Week 1: June 12, 2023: Depointer Life LED Mask
- Week 2: June 19, 2023: Logitech Spotlight Presentation Remote
- Week 3: June 26, 2023: Sit to Stand Riser
- Week 4: July 3, 2023: LEGO Icons Optimus Prime
- Grand Prize: July 3, 2023: Hexa Pro Light Panels
Complete the mission shortcut between June 5, 2023, and June 30, 2023, to be entered to win a Smart LED Desk Lamp!
- Go here to download a 30-day trial of the SolarWinds Service Desk. Activate your account using the email you receive. Review the setup guide for SWSD here if needed.
NOTE: Check your Junk/Spam folder if you do not see the activation email in your Inbox.
- Use the Administrator Setup Guide documentation for Service Portal and customization.
- Access the Portal Designer by selecting Setup > Global Settings > Service Portal and clicking the button Open Designer.
- Change the titles of the three small widgets or add any other customization you want to make. Get creative!
- Once you have modified the Portal, click Save in top right and Publish in the top right.
- Take a screenshot of the modified Service Desk Portal, including the URL in the browser, and upload it.
Pro Tip: Users can flip back and forth between the Portal and Technician Platform by left-clicking their initials in the top right of the Service Desk and choosing “Go to Portal View” or “Back to Platform.” This is a quick way to view your Portal changes.
A new question will open every day (Monday - Friday) starting on June 5, 2023. Once a question has opened, it will remain open until July 2, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CT.