I wish I could say it wasn’t a daily occurrence, but it is. Every day, we call upon our Service Heroes to rescue us from whatever befuddlement has befallen us. It’s embarrassing, and neither our heroes nor we would ever admit to it—but often, we are the cause of our own confusion. Our heroes never judge. They swoop in (their heightened senses allowing them to ascertain our needs, sometimes before we even know we’re in danger) to save the day.
The Service Hero walks among us, often blending into the “it” crowd, until she is called upon. Whether on her mobile device or her super-computer, she’s available when we need her. A master of communication, she fixes our issues and explains how she did it, magically making us feel both competent and in awe.
Sometimes they work alone, sometimes in a group—the Service Heroes are here to help across departments. In a bid to understand them better, and thank them for all they do, we’re delving into their world for a month. Are you ready to find out about the secret tool of our Service Heroes?
Start your mission -->
APRIL MISSIONUse the mission’s resources to complete the tasks and answer the questions for a chance to win!
Correctly answer each question during the week and you'll be entered for a chance to win the weekly prize.
Correctly answer all 20 questions over the course of the month and you'll be entered for a chance to win the grand prize.
150 points are being awarded for each correctly answered question. There are 20 questions, which means you can earn a maximum of 3,000 points for this mission.
Want to join the mission, but not a member? Sign up FREE now!
SolarWinds Service Desk is built to support ITIL best practices, and customers often start by using the product in IT. However, the flexibility and ease-of-use on the back end promotes an environment where other departments can offer services, fulfill requests, and resolve tickets, too. Tickets can be routed automatically to the facilities and human resources departments, but for this mission shortcut, we’ll simply assign a ticket to one of these groups.
Complete the mission shortcut between April 6, 2020 and May 3, 2020 to be entered to win a Nintendo Switch Lite!
- Start a free trial for Service Desk.
- Navigate to Setup > Users and Access > Groups.
- Notice you have other departments already set up for:
- Human Resources
- In practice, you should fill these groups with all the users who belong, but we’ll skip that here.
- Navigate to Service Desk > Incident.
- Click the “+” button to create a new incident titled, “Replace lightbulb in second floor kitchen.”
- Assign that ticket to the facilities group and click create.
- Take a screenshot of your assigned ticket and submit it here.
- Hypothetically, the facilities team has been notified, so they can now replace the lightbulb and resolve this ticket. Nice job!