And, here it is… at long last. 2020 BRACKET BATTLE! Let’s get this started!
There’s no coming back—or is there? What if that beloved character who met their unfortunate demise could be revived to fight another day or posthumously rip out your heartstrings? What if that long-lost companion could come back (without the creepy “Pet Semetary” vibe and smell) for more adventures?
Now is your chance to decide who will defy the laws of nature and history to return for a comeback. You decide who most deserves to another chance in this year’s bracket battle… Welcome to REVIVER!
No zombie reanimation here… but back to their true form and back into the fray! What if a shift in the universe has made it so our favorite heroes, heroines, friends and foes of the past make it back for a little redemption?
How many things would have turned out differently if your favorite character was allowed to continue with their story?
Oh, and it probably goes without saying, but spoilers abound in this year’s bracket battle. If your must-watch blockbuster queue in Netflix is reeeeally long… well, don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Here’s a quick reminder on the rules of engagement:
- For the play-in and round 1 match-ups, we’ve provided short descriptions of the pairing.
- Anyone can view the bracket and match-ups, but in order to vote or comment, you must have a THWACK account,
- Again, you must be logged in to vote and trash talk
- You may vote ONCE for each match-up
- Once you vote on a match-up, click the link to return to the bracket and vote on the next match-up in the series
- Each battle you vote on will earn you 150 points which means you can earn upwards of 4,000 points overall to be spent in the store
- Points will be rewarded once the match up has closed for voting
- Congratulations to Jfrazier who earned 1,000 points for being the first to correctly guess this year's bracket battle theme! Thanks to everyone who submitted here and here, you've given us plenty of ideas for 2021!
- Please feel free to campaign for and debate the worthiness of your favorites (also, feel free to post pictures of bracket predictions on social media)
- To join the conversation on social media, use the hashtag #SWIBracketBattle
- Bracket release is TODAY, April 20
- Voting for each round will begin at 12:00 a.m. in your local time zone
- Voting for each round will close at 11:59 p.m. in your local time zone
- Play-in battle opens TODAY, April 20
- Round 1 OPENS April 22
- Round 2 OPENS April 27
- Round 3 OPENS April 30
- Round 4 OPENS May 4
- Round 5 OPENS May 7
- The Reviver will be announced May 14
If you have any other questions, please feel free to comment below and we’ll be sure to get back to you!
What power is slightly better than nothing at all? We’ll let the votes decide!
Access the Bracket Battle overview HERE.