This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can I update the AgentID via Set-SwisObject?

I'm attempting to create a tool that will allow users to easily switch the AgentID on transactions. I have a few questions with the biggest being is this actually possible with Set-SwisObject?

If this is possible will I need to restart the orion services like it's stated in the following KB or can that be avoided?  https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/How-to-move-WPM-transactions-between-locations-without-loss-of-historical-data?language=en_US

While testing this I'm getting the following error "Set-SwisObject : Alias [AgentID] already defined" after attempting to run the following code:
$URITEST = "swis://OrionServer.Domain.com/Orion/Orion.SEUM.Agents/AgentId=1/Transactions/TransactionId=1"
Set-SwisObject $swis -Uri $URITEST -Properties @{AgentID = 2}

Any help would be appreciated.

Parents
  • I'm not the expert in swis but it seems to me that you are getting this error because the parameter AgentId is already defined in $URITEST and  in the second command you want to add another parameter with the same name (-Properties @{AgentID = 2})

• I'm not the expert in swis but it seems to me that you are getting this error because the parameter AgentId is already defined in $URITEST and  in the second command you want to add another parameter with the same name (-Properties @{AgentID = 2})

Children
No Data