Web help desk (WHD) is now the software of choice for SIL International. We have a potential of over 10,000 clients and almost 200 techs located around the world.
In a resent meeting of some of our super users of WHD they had some great suggestions about the Ticket screen layout. So I am passing them on to SolarWinds:
- While it is possible to print a ticket, the popup window with the ticket layout should have a standard printer icon on it. The right click the window and use drop down to pick the printer is clumsy.
- When in a Ticket, a tech needs to transfer it to another tech not in the tech group, they need to pick the name from a list of every tech on the WHD. First, it would be better if the names are to be sorted by last name to display the names Last Name, First Name to help finding a person faster. Second since the techs can now have a color code associated with them, why not display that color in this list (each of our service centers has a color so transferring between service centers would be faster)
- The ribbon bar should change when we work on a ticket as a tech. It should contain the Save, Save and Email icons at least.
- Most of our techs have flat screens that work best in landscape mode. It would be great if the ticket boxes could be arrange to show boxes side by side instead of all in one row.
- Many of our techs are use to being able to move the screen boxes around to match their work situation, it would be great if we could do that with the ticket screen. Like moving the Ticket Status to the top of the stack, followed by the notes section.