This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ESX Host not being monitored properly

Having issues with an ESX host that unfortunately ran into issues and looks like it's not being registered as an ESX host - first image is the node in question, the second is what all others are showing:

Not WorkingWorking

Question is, how to I go about forcing this to show as a ESX host like it should?  I've tried to turn off polling and back on to see if it would update, but no luck - will I need to outright delete the node and start over?

Parents
  • First - look for the  "Manage this host as an node" option on the esx details page for the host. I didnt see it in your screenshot. Secondly, yes, deleting the node and adding the vNode (to use the vman node type) as a managed node is usually the work around. Common causes include detecting and/or monitoring separate IP addresses for the host, dns oddities, is the host managed/polled by your vcenter, and dns. 

• First - look for the  "Manage this host as an node" option on the esx details page for the host. I didnt see it in your screenshot. Secondly, yes, deleting the node and adding the vNode (to use the vman node type) as a managed node is usually the work around. Common causes include detecting and/or monitoring separate IP addresses for the host, dns oddities, is the host managed/polled by your vcenter, and dns. 

Children
No Data