This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I make an exception to global advisory condition?

I have a Global Advisory Condition that I want to exclude or modify for a specific target.

For example I want "% Free Space - Disk" advisory condition to trigger at 5%, not 10% for "Server X". However, I can't edit Global advisory conditions. It instead prompts me to create a copy instead. Is that really what I want to do? A competing monitoring tool I used years ago was so much easier. I could just pick the server I wanted the exception for, and it would cascade the rules down by itself.

• Hi! Yes, in order to modify any of the conditions in the condition pack (externally signed), you first need to make a copy. Once you've made the necessary changes and saved the condition, you can simply disable/delete the original. 

On the topic of ease of use, this is something we're considering changing in a future release of SQL Sentry. Thank you for your feedback!

• Okay. I don't see where I can select which objects to exclude/modify. I can add an additional criteria to my new copy of the rule, but it's asking me to add a numeric/string/datetime etc... comparison. Guess I was expecting a screen of checkboxes where I could simply click the ones to exclude. Could you provide specifics on how to exclude a specific server name? Thanks!