This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Trying to montior files in an SMTP queue for age of 15 mins or longer

I am trying to Monitor my SMTP queue on my windows 2012 r2 server

when I use the following script i get an output of 1 in powershell.

$file= Get-ChildItem -Path 'c:\inetpub\mailroot\queue' | ?{$_.LastWriteTime -lt (Get-Date).Addminutes(-15)}
$stats=$file.count
Write-Host "Statistic: $stats"

When i move it over to SAM Powershell Script Monitor I get the following message

Output: ==============================================
Statistic: 0

Errors: ==============================================
Get-ChildItem : Cannot find path 'C:\inetpub\mailroot\queue' because it does not exist.
At line:2 char:8
+ $file= Get-ChildItem -Path 'c:\inetpub\mailroot\queue' | Where-Obj ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\inetpub\mailroot\queue:String) [Get-ChildItem], ItemNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetChildItemCommand

I found out that it is running this powershell script on the Solarwinds server instead of the target server any ideas on how to resolve that?
Parents
  • For this, you can use Windows Performance Monitor counters,

Counter: Messages in the queue directory
    Instance: _Total
    Category: SMTP NTFS Store Driver

a quick check via WMI query:

Get-WmiObject -class Win32_PerfFormattedData_NTFSDRV_SMTPNTFSStoreDriver  | ? { $_.Name -eq '_Total' }
  • For this, you can use Windows Performance Monitor counters,

Counter: Messages in the queue directory
    Instance: _Total
    Category: SMTP NTFS Store Driver

a quick check via WMI query:

Get-WmiObject -class Win32_PerfFormattedData_NTFSDRV_SMTPNTFSStoreDriver  | ? { $_.Name -eq '_Total' }
Children
No Data