This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Performance Counter Monitor - Bad Input Pameter - HResult

We are running 'Active Directory 2008 R2 Services and Counters' template on 10+ domain controllers and all report correctly except for one trouble server. The service monitors work correctly but the performance counter monitors are failing with the error: "Bad input parameter. HResult: The specified object is not found on the system."


I've searched around and tried the following fixes:

  • Restarting Remote Registry -
  • Restarting WMI
  • Adding Network Service as COM Services Admin
  • Microsoft Remote Registry Hotfix -
  • Checked license availability for application monitors
  • Rebooted Server
  • Tried to rebuild the performance counters
    • pastedImage_13.png
  • Ran Perfmon from the Solarwinds Server, managed the not working server and selected several counters from above that are not working via the web browser and they monitored correctly
    • pastedImage_1.png

  • I thought it might be a permissions issue but I ran PerfMon from a working DC and managed the not woring DC and it reported correctly. I tried this in reverse and it also worked correctly.

Our setup is:

     Orion Platform 2013.1.0, SAM 5.5.0, IPAM 4.0, NCM 7.2, NPM 10.5, NTA 3.11.0, IVIM 1.6.0, VNQM 4.0.1