New release 15.3.2 - Not Happy

Previously I had a concept of running Serv-U with a NAmed service Account.

Seems the new Release to 15.2.3 requires the SERV-U service to be run under "NETWORK-SERVICE" and assigning permissions to Install folder and users Home drives

I followed the article at Running Serv-U under NETWORK SERVICE (solarwinds.com)

Now this update has effectively Blow my Multiple Domain Configuration totally away

NOT HAppy JAN!

Solarwinds should support Service Accounts!

Arrggg

Parents
  • I have revisited this and performed the following steps:

    1. Uninstall Serv-u completely.
    2. Clean up Install directory
    3. clean Install 15.3.1  (prior to server identity)
    4. Import my test config, licence and review settings\ LDAP config and Encryption settings
    5. Ensured I can login to sftp and https MFT sites on 15.3.1
    6. backup my config again, and serv-u  files, stop serv-u and any associated processes.
    7. Upgrade to 15.4, create new server identity.
    8. retest SFTP and HTTPS logins

     

    I finally managed to get my test user to log in to both SFTP and HTTPS MFT Domains.

    I suspect there may have been issue with my LDAP configuration and Encryption files\Keys

    Interesting that I did not apply “Allow non-RFC compliant SSH Protocol Version exchange” in my tests

    So in summary Serv-U 15.4 with server Identity provided a way foward for me

Reply
  • I have revisited this and performed the following steps:

    1. Uninstall Serv-u completely.
    2. Clean up Install directory
    3. clean Install 15.3.1  (prior to server identity)
    4. Import my test config, licence and review settings\ LDAP config and Encryption settings
    5. Ensured I can login to sftp and https MFT sites on 15.3.1
    6. backup my config again, and serv-u  files, stop serv-u and any associated processes.
    7. Upgrade to 15.4, create new server identity.
    8. retest SFTP and HTTPS logins

     

    I finally managed to get my test user to log in to both SFTP and HTTPS MFT Domains.

    I suspect there may have been issue with my LDAP configuration and Encryption files\Keys

    Interesting that I did not apply “Allow non-RFC compliant SSH Protocol Version exchange” in my tests

    So in summary Serv-U 15.4 with server Identity provided a way foward for me

Children
No Data