This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Email deamon, like a syslog deamon???

FormerMember
FormerMember
Hi all,

I am trying to develop a way to take email alerts from several sources, interpret the contents and then send the email back out again as a new email alert.

Basically, I am looking for a product that will work like a the syslog daemon/forwarder.  I want to take alerts from like Oracle, SQL server and various other bespoke applications.  Normally, the text in these emails is rubbish, and the recipient is non-technical, so they have to be given a crib sheet to look for the required action.

Within Orion, for all proactive alerts, I put tons of information in, about what to do with the alert, what the node means to the over all environment, severities etc..

Of course, I would love this to be added to Orion as an add-on to the core product…  managed and used like the syslog or trap receiver.  But I know this is unlikely to happen in the near fufuturer, or ever…  so has anyone else done this, and is there a product either free, or purchased that would do this?

Basically, receive emails… read the contents, and do some action depending on the content… 

Cheers

dan
Parents
No Data
  • Lead generation takes a lot of time and effort. It is important to make sure that all messages are delivered to potential leads. Previously, I had a problem with it. But I'm fixed my deliverability problem belkins.io/email-deliverability. By the way, this service assumes solving such problems as lead research, email eeliverability fixing, B2B appointment setting and more. So now I have time to concentrate on other tasks

Children
No Data