This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

BGP Session DOWN -Trap / BGP Session BACKUP- Trap.

Im wondering if anyone can help me with an issue i have in regards to getting my Trap / Rule to fire and send an email notification when the BGP session state changes !

The scenario is i want to be notified when the BGP peering has stopped in the BGP session. And then a notification when the BGP Peering re- establishes again.

1. Im getting the relevant BGP SNMP/ Traps appearing in Solarwinds, which are consistant with the BGP peering going DOWN and then BACKUP again.

2. Ive created a Trap /  Rule as below for the BGP session becoming idle....the details ive used in the Trap/Rule ive taken from the actual Trap i recieve in SWinds which ive included in the second image.

3 . I have the same Trap / Rule for the BGP session changing back to  - established

4. The two Trap / rules are then fired to Alerting which should sent an email when any of the conditions are met in the rules ( if the traps fire )

Any comments or help on what im trying to achieve here would be great im not getting any notifications at all from

########### BGP Session  - idle state

pastedImage_0.png

BGP Trap / Down - details FROM SWinds Trap/ logs

pastedImage_1.png

############  BGP Session backup - established again  ##################

pastedImage_2.png

################## BGP BACKUP /  estrablished Trap / Details from SW Trap / log ###############

pastedImage_3.png