This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Failed backups

Hi

I need a report on failed NCM backs of all NCM devices. Please help me with a query (SQL or SWQL)

Also, I have a requirement on custom alert where if NCM backup is failing then it should send an email notification.

Can anyone please suggest?

Thanks in Advance.

Parents
  • For the NCM backup failing, you see that with the built-in Notification Details for the job. It will send you a summary of the job with failures at the top as an email. If you want only the failures, check the box.

Here are two SWQL Query widgets I have on my NCM Summary page, that work for us.

NCM Not Backed Up - Shows NCM backups that have issues logging in.

SELECT DISTINCT  
         NodeProperties.Nodes.Caption AS [Node], 
    --	 NodeID, 
    --	 CoreNodeID,   
    	 '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + NodeProperties.Nodes.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Node],
    	 NodeProperties.Nodes.IPAddress, 
    	 NodeProperties.Nodes.Vendor as [Vendor], 
    	 LoginStatus as [Reason],  
    	 NodeProperties.Nodes.DetailsUrl as [_linkfor_Node], 
    	 '/NetPerfMon/images/Vendors/' + NodeProperties.Nodes.VendorIcon as [_IconFor_Vendor]
    FROM NCM.NodeProperties
    where LoginStatus != 'Login OK'
    ORDER BY [Node]

Missing From NCM - Cisco nodes that are not in NCM

SELECT
    Caption, IP_Address, Vendor, MachineType, DetailsURL as [_linkfor_Caption], '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Caption], '/NetPerfMon/images/Vendors/' + VendorIcon as [_IconFor_Vendor]

FROM Orion.Nodes
    WHERE NodeID NOT IN (SELECT CoreNodeID FROM NCM.Nodes)
    AND Vendor = 'Cisco'
    AND Category <> '0'
    AND MachineType not like '%6248UP%'

• For the NCM backup failing, you see that with the built-in Notification Details for the job. It will send you a summary of the job with failures at the top as an email. If you want only the failures, check the box.

Here are two SWQL Query widgets I have on my NCM Summary page, that work for us.

NCM Not Backed Up - Shows NCM backups that have issues logging in.

SELECT DISTINCT  
         NodeProperties.Nodes.Caption AS [Node], 
    --	 NodeID, 
    --	 CoreNodeID,   
    	 '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + NodeProperties.Nodes.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Node],
    	 NodeProperties.Nodes.IPAddress, 
    	 NodeProperties.Nodes.Vendor as [Vendor], 
    	 LoginStatus as [Reason],  
    	 NodeProperties.Nodes.DetailsUrl as [_linkfor_Node], 
    	 '/NetPerfMon/images/Vendors/' + NodeProperties.Nodes.VendorIcon as [_IconFor_Vendor]
    FROM NCM.NodeProperties
    where LoginStatus != 'Login OK'
    ORDER BY [Node]

Missing From NCM - Cisco nodes that are not in NCM

SELECT
    Caption, IP_Address, Vendor, MachineType, DetailsURL as [_linkfor_Caption], '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Caption], '/NetPerfMon/images/Vendors/' + VendorIcon as [_IconFor_Vendor]

FROM Orion.Nodes
    WHERE NodeID NOT IN (SELECT CoreNodeID FROM NCM.Nodes)
    AND Vendor = 'Cisco'
    AND Category <> '0'
    AND MachineType not like '%6248UP%'

Children