Node serial numbers

Dear All

Helo, I am new to using SolarWinds and Thwack.

I am trying to create a report in Orion. that gives me the serial numbers of each node.

Firstly, is this possible with SolarWinds with NCM, NCP, VMAN & UDT.

If yes, then how can this be done? 

Or,

Does this require the SAM module?

Thanks for reading. 

Dredd2000

Parents
  • So, either NPM or NCM might be able to give it to you.  You might need to either download or create a custom poller for your devices.   You can find quite a few in the Content Exchange here on Thwack under Custom Pollers I think?   You can change what poller a device uses either under "List Resources" , in Node Details, or by going to the main Settings page under "Manage Pollers" where you can do it en-masse.   Before I put one in for our Arista switches, I wasn't seeing their full info.  Once you have it there you can theoretically enable it to auto-assign it when running a network discovery and such.

• So, either NPM or NCM might be able to give it to you.  You might need to either download or create a custom poller for your devices.   You can find quite a few in the Content Exchange here on Thwack under Custom Pollers I think?   You can change what poller a device uses either under "List Resources" , in Node Details, or by going to the main Settings page under "Manage Pollers" where you can do it en-masse.   Before I put one in for our Arista switches, I wasn't seeing their full info.  Once you have it there you can theoretically enable it to auto-assign it when running a network discovery and such.

Children
No Data