I’m reaching out to see if any others have used NTA data to help supplement application trace data?

I’m reaching out to see if any others have used NTA data to help supplement application trace data?

(Any packet heads out there?)

My organization owns HCO (I know I know SWO = app trace data) and thinking about maybe upgrading to SWO as we are approaching 100% cloud presence. But 99% of our web apps are hosted via 3rd party and we don’t own the code. So that means we need to supplement this data with via other means. Enter NTA. I know NTA data is not app trace data, but NTA can assist to pinpoint where the issue is not and, along with DPA, point to the dark cloud that is application, in our case.

Of course, contractually, the 3rd party is obligated to make the organization aware of any issues, can anyone say ‘trust’?

The data is there to assist and piece together what isn’t available. I’m just not sure the best way to integrate NTA into different areas of HCO. For instance, creating a group that has the following dynamic queries – Source IP (UDT)/Source Port (NTA)/Destination IP(UDT)/Destination Port (NTA) – and out of this comes all the measurements associated with NTA and even NetPath is desired. I used groups to correlate this data in my mind. Is there another way?

I know synthetic traffic would assist in the scenario, but NTA is sourced from the specific site or location where synthetic traffic is sourced from locations out or our control – meaning not sourced from our internal networked site.

I know this may be a feature request or maybe some training on my part, just didn’t know if anyone had gone down this path before.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for any assistance.