This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Print info to an email from trap alert

I have the following code. Im trying to extract the port information from this trap message. I admittedly dont know SQL code very well but I think it is pretty simple what im trying to do. I want to pull the port number aka "ifindex" . My thought is this code would look for "Ifindex" in the code and print 2 characters. Can someone tell me what im missing?

trap message:

'DNOS-PORTSECURITY-PRIVATE-MIB:agentPortSecurityTraps.0.1 : ifIndex.7 = 7, agentPortSecurityLastDiscardedMAC.7 = 20 54:be:f7:0c:e7:c6, sysUpTime = 139 days 13 hours 41 minutes 26.61 seconds, experimental.1057.1.0 = 250.251.252.253, snmpTrapEnterprise = DNOS-PORTSECURITY-PRIVATE-MIB:agentPortSecurityTraps'

My Code:

${N=SWQL;M=SELECT SUBSTRING('${N=OLM.AlertingMacros;M=OLMAlertMessage.EventMessage}',
PATINDEX('%ifIndex.%', '${N=OLM.AlertingMacros;M=OLMAlertMessage.EventMessage}')+2
) AS Message
FROM Orion.Nodes n}

Parents Reply Children
No Data