This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Forward logs from Kiwi to Solarwinds SEM and keep source IP Unchanged

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to deploy a complex system because we have different locations which are connected through VPN site to site. I thought was better to install a local syslog to each of the sites and forward the logs to Solarwinds SEM. 

I am using Kiwi Syslog server on each site and configured the forwarding rules. What i do not like about this implementation is that the logs in Solarwinds SEM are showing as they are coming from Kiwi and not from actual device. I can not understand what is that log linked too. I am sending logs to Kiwi from Sonicwall, different switches, but when those are forwarded to Solarwind SEM are showing as single IP ( Kiwi IP). 

Does anyone has any experience how to configure the local Syslog and forward the logs to Solarwinds SEM but keep the original source IP? I want to follow this model here : https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/success_center/sem/content/admin_guide/1.0-understanding_sem/sem-deployment-complex-with-syslog.htm

Thank you

Brian 

Parents Reply Children
No Data