This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPMonitor Service Stopping

I have recently upgrade our IPMonitor servers to version 11.1 from 11.0.1 however since the upgrade we are seeing the IPMonitor service randomly stop. When checking event viewer on all the boxes they show the same application error:

Faulting application name: ipmservice.exe, version:, time stamp: 0x5f88258a
Faulting module name: ipmservice.exe, version:, time stamp: 0x5f88258a
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x003b5cff
Faulting process id: 0x14bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6ed2e8fe258e4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\ipMonitor\ipmservice.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\ipMonitor\ipmservice.exe
Report Id: 74ea5b5e-8576-4b97-9c60-69aa0fcc97c6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I cannot find any other IPM posts with this error. I have had to restore one of the boxes back to 11.0.1 and now it is stable again but the others still randomly stopping.

Has anyone seen or have anyidea why this may be happening?

  • We have the same issue. We opened a ticket but support has not provided us with anything useful yet.

    This generally happens to us when we are making any changes in the GUI, i.e. Suspending monitors, running reports, editing users - but it is not consistent.

    If we aren't doing anything in the GUI, the system is stable.

    What we have done so far is:

    - Create additional exceptions in Symantec Endpoint Protection and Carbon Black Defense

    - Re-Installed the update

    But these did not help.

    Have you had any luck with yours? Have you opened a ticket?

  • Any luck or resolution from support on this?

  • We downgraded to ipMonitor Version: 11.0.1 build 136 and have had no issues since - support didn't have a better answer.

  • Yesterday this started happening to me, running 11.1.1 build 980

    After posting, I realized this started happening right around the time I added a credential for an SNMPv3 monitor yesterday. I completed the steps below and finally can got service to stay up for longer than five minutes, 30 minutes now.

    My SNMPv3 username has a dash in it and my passwords are 16 random characters, not sure if that has anything to do with it but I'll try to add the monitor and credential back in later.

    1. C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\ipMonitor\config\cred
      1. changed the *.x file modified yesterday to *.old
    2. C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\ipMonitor\config\monitors
      1. changed the *.x file modified from yesterday to *.old
    3. Restarted all ipMonitor services 

    I'll update tomorrow if this was the real fix for my issue.

  • Thanks for the information, hoping this works out for you

Reply Children
No Data