Starting on a new install, how do you switch nodes over easily?

Hello! We are moving from a non HCO install to an HCO one. I would like to know what you guys would do to migrate nodes from the old to the new install? Should I just delete nodes in the old? Would that uninstall any currently installed agents? 

Thanks for your advice, hive mind!

Parents
  • It really depends on what you want to do, you can do an in place upgrade to HCO and not have to worry about migrating everything (it's even easy to test this out by enabling the HCO trial in your License Manager area!), but if you're getting new hardware and are set on migrating it to a new instance, I'd recommend migrating your database over, spinning up the new instance, and then reconnecting the agents much like already dropped in.

• It really depends on what you want to do, you can do an in place upgrade to HCO and not have to worry about migrating everything (it's even easy to test this out by enabling the HCO trial in your License Manager area!), but if you're getting new hardware and are set on migrating it to a new instance, I'd recommend migrating your database over, spinning up the new instance, and then reconnecting the agents much like already dropped in.

Children
No Data