This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to install or uninstall Dameware MRC

Been trying to install DW MRC v12.0.2.3 on a number of machines which initially install fine... however when uninstalling, and removing any traces of the files on the system result in unabling to re-install the software.

Upon reinstalling, or even installing on new machines, i get the same 'There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action APPDIR, location: C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\DameWare Mini Remote Control x64\, command: "C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\DameWare Mini Remote Control x64\SolarWinds.MRC.Licensor.exe" 

I tried downloading different releases of MRC to no avail.

Looking on logs and event viewer suggest errors relating to the  licensor.exe file. I can see a number of people on the forum and Google have had this issue but no resolution/replies.

Any advice appreciated