This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrade WPM to 2020.2.2 before upgrading other Orion prods to 2020.2.1 HF2?

I have several Orion applications currently at 2019.4 (no hotfix), including WPM. I want to upgrade all of them to 2020.2. The Upgrade Advisor tells me that I must upgrade WPM to 2020.2.2 first, then run the 2020.2.1 installer to get the other Orion apps to 2020.2.1 HF2.

Is that correct? The 2020.2.1 HF2 installer won't do all the work in one step? Thanks.

Parents
  •  You should be able to do it in one go. I would recommend downloading the WPM 2020.2.2 offline installer to perform the upgrade. It should automatically select all the other products to upgrade at the same time, but if not, you can select them in the product drop down: 

katieb_0-1609358747306.png 

katieb_1-1609358811535.png

•  You should be able to do it in one go. I would recommend downloading the WPM 2020.2.2 offline installer to perform the upgrade. It should automatically select all the other products to upgrade at the same time, but if not, you can select them in the product drop down: 

katieb_0-1609358747306.png 

katieb_1-1609358811535.png

Children
  • Thanks for the clarification. Actually, we did complete all product upgrades, including WPM, with the "NPM" installer.

My question is, did I miss some announcement that the Upgrade Advisor is not relevant any more? If it tells me that I need to perform two installs when only one is required, it is not very helpful.

• I can't speak to the relevance of the PUA, but my go-to is always the installer itself. It will run checks on your environment to see if everything is good to upgrade, and let you know if it is not (prior to the upgrade/install being started). It is always a sure bet.