This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SEUM and dynamic content

I want to use SEUM to perform a search on a website and open the first result. Since SEUM uses hard coded links that means that if that first result changes or gets deleted the transaction will fail. I don't really care what the first result is only that it can open it.

Has anyone else found a way to use SEUM to check dynamic content?

Parents
  • SeUM does not follow hard coded links, but instead does a fuzzy match based on certain learned elements collected as part of the initial recording. While it's true that if all reference to these elements are missing from the page the transaction will fail. This is normally the desired behavior. It seems like you have a particular use case whereby you don't care where the link takes you, provided it returns results and you're able to click through on the first returned result. Is that correct? Are you using or aware of any product or solution that provides the functionality you describe?

• Also when I open the saved XML file, I see very limited detail including only hard links, so is there more to each script that just what is saved in the XML file? Is that additional information generated on the first run?

• The hard URL is saved as part of the recording, but this is only one of many components used in the fuzzy match. SeUM was designed from the ground up to work with dynamic content. The link location in the DOM tree for example, is also saved in the recording. All of these elements are then used to make a fuzzy match of what link to follow.

Are you currently experiencing issues with the way SeUM is working, or is this more of a preemptive question?  

• The hard URL is saved as part of the recording, but this is only one of many components used in the fuzzy match. SeUM was designed from the ground up to work with dynamic content. The link location in the DOM tree for example, is also saved in the recording. All of these elements are then used to make a fuzzy match of what link to follow.

Are you currently experiencing issues with the way SeUM is working, or is this more of a preemptive question?  

Children
No Data