This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WPM Playback Intermittently Down

Hey All,

so this is the issues that we have for couple of transactions that we have:

• The transaction intermittently failing on the playback - upon seeing the details it appears that the steps stuck on loading the next page, and the next page never show up, hence the playback shown as down - the site itself is not down or having any issues, tested and verified this many times already so I believe that the issue is with the WPM not the sites. This is happening for some of our transactions, with various occurrences, some site like o365 seemingly failed more often than others. The issue happening in totally random occurrences, which makes it very difficult to diagnose. We tried to run the player on different server, even setup one server for testing, but the issue is still there, so I'm convinced that the server is not the issue. The player running on Windows Server 2012 R2.
  • Recording working fine, tested the transactions using the recorder many times, but never failed even once.
  • I found this old discussion: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/100415 which seems to have the similar issues. I have tried to set maxPlaybacksPerWorker to 1 per that thread but doesn't solve the issue, although it appears that it slightly improves the situation but not solving the issue. I have also tried to do the XY recordings, but that doesn't solve the issues as well.
  • I have also taken out Antivirus out of the equation, tested to run on test server with no antivirus and it makes no difference.

I have an open case with support, but wondering if anybody have similar issues? And if so, do you find any solutions?

Thank you

Parents
  • hey rarko another one here still waiting for a solution.....

@chad.every - I will try anything once, have already wasted so much time on this, so i'll give this a go also, thanks for the info.

Just out of curiosity, what is your reasoning behind forcing an exact page size?

• hey rarko another one here still waiting for a solution.....

@chad.every - I will try anything once, have already wasted so much time on this, so i'll give this a go also, thanks for the info.

Just out of curiosity, what is your reasoning behind forcing an exact page size?

Children
No Data