This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Share your opinion: Pingdom and WPM, how they can benefit from each other?

Many of you did notice recent exciting news, that we have a new family member - Pingdom joins SolarWinds!

Pingdom - a leader in cloud based web monitoring is great for measuring customer experience for customer-faced websites, provides end user experience from different geos and browsers, it's easy to start with abilities like RUM, transaction scripting and extensive mobile support. You may be asking about future of Website monitoring in Solarwinds and that is absolutely right question. WPM is a powerful synthetic monitoring solution, great for behind the firewall web application monitoring, with on premise or Amazon cloud options. However what do you think should be future of these two products? How would like to see these two be integrated if at all? What value you would like to get from this marriage?

Thinking about same and different use-cases for Pingdom and WPM: are you using WPM for monitoring internal or external sites (or both)? How many you have of each? What is in Pingdom, that would make your life easier? Are you using some other monitoring solution with WPM, which is actually a complement like Pingdom?

Share your opinion and ask more questions. We want to know!

Parents
  • What ever happened with this development and suggested integrations of the two? I am currently having to setup/repair our instance of WPM simply because we renewed maintainance on it and my company was otherwise unaware of Pingdom up until I mentioned it about a week ago. I prefer Pingdom - did a trial before having to work on this WPM project and I think the alerting feature, public facing dashboard and even more amazing - the mobile app and ability for alerting.

I would love to see a discount on a subscription to Pingdom for customers with active maint. with WPM or just SOMETHING that would alleviate all the heavy costs in transitioning from the underperforming and never-updated WPM to Pingdom. Seeing as this post originated over 3 years ago, I would hope there has been something figured out by now unless this just became another one of Solarwinds gigantic acquisition strategy to acquire the competition and then do nothing with it.

• Yeah, it's so strange that these products weren't integrated.  I get that Pingdom is marketed more towards the DevOps type users and Orion WPM is marketed more towards the Operations/Infrastructure type of users, but it seems to me integrating Pingdom data into Orion would be clearly beneficial...  Especially considering how little movement there has been on the WPM side for so long... 

However, it looks like SolarWinds is moving in the other direction and has actually purchased Scout Server Monitoring and integrated it with Pingdom....  That, along with some other SAAS/DevOps products they've purchased and integrated with Pingdom lately indicates to me they are keeping Pingdom separate from the Orion suite.  In fact, it almost seems like they're creating a separate DevOps "Orion" suite by having Pingdom, Scout, Librato, etc. integrated. 

Kind of disappointing really.  Missed potential in my opinion.  I hope they change course and let us bring this data into Orion. 

• Has there been any movement on this? just had to recommend Pingdom to a customer over Solarwinds WPM.

Reply Children