This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Outside In Monitoring

Hello,

Will the SEUM be able to do outside-in type of monitoring?  IE: We have a publicly available webpage that we host internally.  We'd like to be able to set test points in different states/regions to understand how the site is operating and determine the response times are users are seeing.   I'm assuming the player has to talk back to the Orion server some how.  Was this kind of thing included?

Thanks!

Parents
  • Having gone through the beta I don't believe there is anything provided for you other than the player. If you have a presence in the states you wish to monitor from you can install the player on pretty much any machine as its very lightweight and it reports the results back to the collector.

If you are a single site getting remote perspectives would be an issue. I believe SW is taking a different approach from the costly hosted providers in the same space by simply giving you the tools (recorder, agents, collector) to set it up as you wish. Having the infrastructure elsewhere to run it on is not included in the box....

• as for the nat out I did test that in our Beta and it does work fine. Of course the perspective provided by that solution doesn't tell you as much as a separate remote location would. 

If you have a separate circuit outbound on a different provider (simple dsl line or something) you could get your remote perspective fairly cheaply, certainly cheaper than from the hosted players.

• Another option would be if you have a remote site with an independent internet connection would be to force the playback traffic through the internet via a route command in the OS and then the data transfer would still take the normal route through the WAN.

• Another option would be if you have a remote site with an independent internet connection would be to force the playback traffic through the internet via a route command in the OS and then the data transfer would still take the normal route through the WAN.

Children
No Data