Live Chat Capability
Integrate live chat capability that would allow clients who are logged in WHD to initiate a chat based on the request type for their issue. This would initiate a chat with whatever tech is logged into the Web Help Desk. A couple of things this would need in order to be useful:
• Allow chat support to be determined by request type and associated tech groups/lead techs who may be available for chat support.
• Allow techs to become unavailable to chat support (in case a tech group or a tech is not meant to do chat support).
• A way to track who is available for chat support in real time by administrators and/or group managers (perhaps via a widget in the dashboard).
• A way to track conversations with the client getting an e-mail of the conversation and a ticket being generated for record keeping in the system.
• Set a time frame for live chat to be available so that techs who log into WHD after business hours do not accidentally become available for chat support.
Just started using Thwack today and I'm very surprised that it doesn't have that capability.
I agree. This would be extremely helpful and allow for tracking of communication.
I just added a request to provide a way I can add a widget (script) for a 3rd party hosted chat service we are using (www.purechat.com). I can add a URL link to the WHD page, but it would be nice if I…