This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

OAuth Authorization Issue

Hello, I am trying to convert our incoming mail from Exchange/O365> Basic to Open Authentication (OAuth). I have followed all the steps provided (Configure an incoming e-mail account for Office 365 (solarwinds.com))to register the Web Help Desk app to our Azure as an application. The issue I am running into is when I input the Tenant ID, Client ID and Secret ID and click on Authorize for the incoming account I and configuring it seems to take my e-mail credentials instead of the e-mail address I configured for the incoming mail accounts. This is even through the steps when it ask me for which account I am authorizing, I put in the incoming email account, but still uses my credentials, hence looks into my inbox and processes the email in my inbox instead of the incoming email account. 

Just to add, we use SSO in our environment so when I log into WHD, it uses my AD credentials. So I don't know if this is the reason why the Authorization is using my account. If it is is there any way to bypass this?

What am I doing wrong?

Parents
  • Has SolarWinds responded and help you correct this?  They still don't even mention this in their set of instructions and it should NEVER happen that you accidentally pull the wrong Inbox.  Poor documentation, and frankly while I'm going through this same thing, very poor support.  It seems the helpdesk account should be linked in the Microsoft App permissions so that only that email address can relay mail.

• Has SolarWinds responded and help you correct this?  They still don't even mention this in their set of instructions and it should NEVER happen that you accidentally pull the wrong Inbox.  Poor documentation, and frankly while I'm going through this same thing, very poor support.  It seems the helpdesk account should be linked in the Microsoft App permissions so that only that email address can relay mail.

Children
No Data