This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WHD Error Message

Hi Brain trust,

We are encountering a number of errors showing up in random areas of our WHD instance after updating to version 12.7.9 to get the tech assignment email working; a much needed feature for our techs.

There are certain areas of WHD that is throwing a "We're sorry, an unexpected error occurred, please contact administrator" (see screenshot below/attached) and would like assistance in identifying this issue.

This is happening when you go into:

• Setup -> E-Mail -> Incoming Mail Accounts -> E-Mail History -> click on the number of messages processed.
  • Messages -> Click on the X to dismiss a message
  • Assets -> Advanced Search -> Client -> is -> enter client (error message is thrown inside the client name field

There might be other areas where it might be throwing those type of errors.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• I would enable debug for logs and then see what the logs say when it happens again.

• Hi @percyplant,

I've enabled debug mode, and attempted to go where it triggers the issue, all I see in whd.log are a bunch of the following:

2022-08-13 16:31:49.928 [https-jsse-nio-443-exec-5] ERROR c.s.whd.service.impl.CsrfServiceImpl - Param /helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wo/111.7.39.0.0.0.0.2.1.0.0.7.1.3.0.0.3.0.1.1.3.1.1?12,9 not allowed in request {} 12,9
    2022-08-13 16:31:49.928 [https-jsse-nio-443-exec-5] ERROR com.macsdesign.whd.ui.Application - Application.handleException(): com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException [java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException] operation not allowed:java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: operation not allowed
    com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: operation not allowed
    2022-08-13 16:31:49.960 [https-jsse-nio-443-exec-5] ERROR com.macsdesign.whd.ui.Application - UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
    java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: operation not allowed

I could not find any other discerning information in the logs.

Thanks,
    Nuno C.

• HI ,

I have posted a reply containing the debug results but it was flagged as SPAM for some reason, I am waiting to see if THWACK will release it and post the results. 

The TL;DR; is there wasn't much suspicion in the whd.log file. Just a number of Unhandled Exception (java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Operation not allowed) messages.

e.g. when viewing the email history:
    ... EmailActions/showEmailDetails?historyEntryId=4244354&showRejectedMsgs=false not allowed in request {} historyEntryId

e.g. when trying to clear the messages:
    ERROR c.s.whd.service.impl.CsrfServiceImpl .....  not allowed in request {} 10,7

Hope this helps; hopefully THWACK can release my other post with more details of those unhandled exception.

• best create a support call with Solarwinds and send them the logs. Looks like a DB or permissions issue.

• We have this same problem,

Answer from Solarwinds support:

Our development group has investigated this issue and have identified the bug. We’ve added this bug to our list of known defects and will prioritize it according to the severity and scope of impact. Be sure to review the Release Notes where bug fixes are documented within the Fixed Issues section

• Have they said what the issue is exactly and supplied any workaround?

• No any details or workarounds about it

• I have seen all 3 at various points and we have it logged at SW Support as well and again they advised a known issue which they are working on.

Lets hope they resolve quickly on next release or HotFix,

• Yeah I have the same problem, but when I tried to downgrade to 12.7.8 its even worse, wish they would release a hotfix.

• HI All,

Try applying 12.7.9 HotFix 1 to see if this helps