This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom fields not displaying correctly in Client view

I am noticing that certain Request Types with certain custom fields do not display at all when in the Client view. The ones below are Single Choice but I see the problem with Date fields as well. Oddly enough other Request Types with the same type of custom fields do not have this issue. Not sure where to start troubleshooting here.

(Sorry for the cutoff image)

• Hi Jdmartel,

Can you get a full screenshot of the form, and screenshots of your Custom Field and Request Type configuration to confirm whether it is configured correctly?

Some points to check:

• What happens if you create a new custom field with the same configuration, does it work properly?
    • Does this occur in all browsers?
    • Does this occur for multiple users / all users?
    • Does this occur for technicians, or is it limited to the client?
    • Are there any similarities to the form between the request types that have this issue?

This is probably the best way to start diagnosing the issue, and depending on the answers it will determine whether it is a configuration issue or data issue.

Regards

- Midnight

• I found the issue, I had some custom fields set to "View" instead of "Required" or "Editable". This caused the field to not be visible when no data was entered.