This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I reduce the space WHD is taking up?

Is there a way to reduce the size WHD takes up?  We're a relatively small company.  7 agent licenses, less than 18,000 tickets and WHD is taking up 96.4GB.

• Space is taken up mostly by attachments, are your customers attaching large documents?

• All of our users are required to have a signature which includes the company logo.

Is there a way to remove that from all the tickets and prevent WHD from attaching people's signatures to tickets?

• Only using an E-Mail regular expression filter going forward but you will need to put something on every E-Mail signature for the REGEX to check against.

I doubt that E-Mail signatures would generate such a big database size, more likely attachments but a check of the DB Table sizes would confirm this.

• Are you talking about the Web Helpdesk directory or the DB? If so, check the size of the log folder on your server, also check in the GUI that debug is not enabled, 'error' would be best.

• When you delete tickets do you have secure delete enabled? As when tickets are normally deleted they don't go, they are simply marked as IsDeleted in the DB. Only if you use secure delete for your tech will this reduce the DB size.... SW Support could help you with a SQL script to clear unwanted deleted tickets if that is the problem...

• This is our 'E-Mail Attachment Regular-Expression Filter' found in Setup - Email - Options :

(?i)(smime\.p7s)|(Exemplas\slogo\sRGB\.jpg)|(RTPI-AccPlannProg-Logo-Screen\.jpg)|(Bhire\slogo\.png)|(Bhire-Growth-Hub-Logo\.jpg)|(Logo\sfor\sOutlook\.jpg)|(Outlook-burg\.png)|(Outlook-cid_image0\.png)|(Outlook-GTEA\.png)|(Outlook-TEF\sGold\.png)|(Outlook-u_330\.png)|(Outlook-([a-zA-Z_0-9]{8})\.png)

Use this example to filter your own signature logos etc.

• I took a closer look (which I should have done first) at what exactly is taking up all the space and it is the DB backups folder.  Each day is about 2.9GB.  Right now it's set to keep 30 days.  Is there any reason I can't reduce the number of days that are kept?  We also backup the whole VM WHD is on.

• So you are using a PostgreSQL Database type. You can regulate the number of backups kept within Setup > General > Database > Number of Backups