This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Clients cannot login to WHD

There was a post on this 6 yrs ago but isn't helpful for my problem. WHD was working great, then all of a sudden Techs and Clients couldn't login.  I had to manually change passwords for Techs so they could login - which is weird because we're using LDAP.  We used to be able to login using our AD login information, but now we have to use our login with WHD at the end, and use the password that was manually entered into the software.  Clients can send an email and open a ticket, but no matter what credentials they use on the web login, nothing works.  When I click Test Connection in the Client AD/LDAP configuration, I get Test Successful with the correct number of client accounts in AD.  This problem was gradual.  When it first started, some techs and clients were able to login as normal, but then after a couple days they couldn't.  We are running version 12.7.5.

We recently upgraded our domain controllers from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows 2019.  We moved the certificate server off of the primary domain controller onto a separate server that only holds certificates.  Aside from that, no other changes have been made.

Any ideas?  This is severely impacting our environment so I'm hoping someone has a solution.

Parents
  • LDAP hasn't been an option for tech accounts since 12.6, so having to manually change their tech account passwords if they were using the password if they were using a password that may have changed through their AD/LDAP isn't that irregular.  If they have a linked client account, it can still be used to log in with the credentials synced via LDAP. 

The newer Java back-end does a more thorough certificate check, but normally it would fail a test if it were outright a certificate issue not matching. 

I am thinking something similar to , in this case, might help. 

If that doesn't help, the best step would be to check the whd.log file for the login attempts to get some more information related to the issue.  If it is an LDAP connectivity issue or syncing issue you would likely see some information related to the attempt.

• LDAP hasn't been an option for tech accounts since 12.6, so having to manually change their tech account passwords if they were using the password if they were using a password that may have changed through their AD/LDAP isn't that irregular.  If they have a linked client account, it can still be used to log in with the credentials synced via LDAP. 

The newer Java back-end does a more thorough certificate check, but normally it would fail a test if it were outright a certificate issue not matching. 

I am thinking something similar to , in this case, might help. 

If that doesn't help, the best step would be to check the whd.log file for the login attempts to get some more information related to the issue.  If it is an LDAP connectivity issue or syncing issue you would likely see some information related to the attempt.

Children
No Data