This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

It's really sad to see the update cadence of their new Service Desk (SWSD) product vs. Web Help Desk. There are MONTHLY updates to that product while WHD averages one update a YEAR! :(

documentation.solarwinds.com/.../swsd_june 2021_release_notes.htm

Too bad they can't seem to find the resources to put into WHD.

Parents
  • Hey ,

I am part of the product management team that is responsible for both WHD and SWSD, therefore I would like to share few facts about the two products:

SWSD is a SaaS based product that follows continuous deployment process, therefore, it has ~2 releases per month and all customers are automatically using the latest and greatest version.

WHD is an on-premise product that has either quarterly releases, or every 6 months, each customer can choose if to upgrade to the latest version or not.

SWSD development head count is bigger than the WHD one and therefore has more new feature velocity, however SWSD product is richer (functionality wise) than WHD and it supports more ITIL modules (see more info here), therefore its head count is spread over more areas.

Best Regards,

Amir

• I'm not sure I agree with the statement that WHD gets updates quarterly/semi-annually.

Reply Children