How to set a ticket to change status after a given time?

I would love to put tickets on hold until a future date, for example

"We have a meeting in room A1 on July 7th and would like someone to attend."

So I want to change the status to "On-hold" so this ticket disappears from my open tickets until the July 6th, then have it automatically revert to Open status so it reappears in my queue.

Has anyone found a way to make WHD do this?

Parents
  • The only way I can think to do this is by having the logic sit outside of WHD and have it done via the API. Create a field for "scheduled status date" and then maybe one for "scheduled status" then have a script run everyday at midnight to find anything with a scheduled status date <= today and update it to the scheduled status and clear those fields so it won't be in the next run. That's how I would do it.

• The only way I can think to do this is by having the logic sit outside of WHD and have it done via the API. Create a field for "scheduled status date" and then maybe one for "scheduled status" then have a script run everyday at midnight to find anything with a scheduled status date <= today and update it to the scheduled status and clear those fields so it won't be in the next run. That's how I would do it.

Children
No Data