This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Using the API to set a room for an Asset

Hello.

I am creating a mobile inventory app and I am using the API to retrieve Assets and make changes to some of the fields.  All of them are working great except the room field.  I am creating an asset.json file with all the parameters and within that, I have "room":{"id":1510,"type":"Room","roomName":"248"}.  I have also tried it as just "room":{"id":1510) and I have tried it as simply "room":1510.  Quite a few other iterations as well.  The record updates, but the room remains null.

If I view an existing one using the api, the room shows up in the first format I listed above.  But if I try to set the value, no joy.  It is working fine for the other fields including the location field which I am formatting as "location":{"id":23}  The room I am trying to save is a child of the selected location.  It just won't save through the API.

Am I getting the format wrong?  Is there something more to this that I'm not getting?  Or does it just not work?