This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

postgresql failed

I did a reboot of WHD this afternoon and the reboot failed. This is on a virtual appliance. The initial screen is asking me to create new databases. I logged onto the console and when I attempt to start WHD I get "Starting postgresql-9.2 service: [FAILED]". I have plenty of drive space. Any ideas?

Output of startup:

Web Help Desk 12.6.0.738
Copyright (c) SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC

Web Help Desk 12.6.0.738
Copyright (c) SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC

Using XX:MaxPermSize=256

Using additional JVM options: -XX:+DisableAttachMechanism -Dsun.rmi.transport.tcp.maxConnectionThreads=0
Checking if port 80 is available
Port 80 is already in use by ::ffff:172.19.138.163:55007 ::ffff:127.0.0.1:47404.
Checking if port 443 is available
Port 443 is already in use by ::ffff:127.0.0.1:49392.
Starting postgresql-9.2 service:                           [FAILED]
Starting the Web Help Desk on port 80...

Starting an SSL connection to the Web Help Desk on port 443...
(See README.txt for information regarding SSL connections.)

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/webhelpdesk/bin/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/webhelpdesk/bin/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/webhelpdesk/bin/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/local/webhelpdesk/bin/jre
Using CLASSPATH:       /usr/local/webhelpdesk/bin/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/local/webhelpdesk/bin/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_PID:    /usr/local/webhelpdesk/log/.whd.pid
Tomcat started.
Parents
  • when I attempted to start it manually, I got :

"usr/local/webhelpdesk/bin/pgsql/var/lib/pgsql/9.2/data is missing. Use "service postgresql-9.2 initdb" to initialize the cluster first."

The data directory is not missing. it seems to be a symlink to /data1/data which is there but admin did not have permissions. it was owned by postgres user. when I went in as root, there was stuff in there but I wasn't sure what to look for. 

I'm just trying to not lose my data.

• when I attempted to start it manually, I got :

"usr/local/webhelpdesk/bin/pgsql/var/lib/pgsql/9.2/data is missing. Use "service postgresql-9.2 initdb" to initialize the cluster first."

The data directory is not missing. it seems to be a symlink to /data1/data which is there but admin did not have permissions. it was owned by postgres user. when I went in as root, there was stuff in there but I wasn't sure what to look for. 

I'm just trying to not lose my data.

Children
No Data